Parent Advisory Group
Be part of the Yonkers Thrives Parent Advisory Group focused on children - prenatal to age 5!
We need you to -
● Tell us about the issues and concerns you have for your young children
● Help us develop communication programs that really work in getting the word out to the community
● Help to educate parents on resources available for children and families
● Be part of events to help focus on issues of importance to young children in Yonkers
● Look at data with us to help us spot trends and issues
● Help us to develop mentor programs for parents in need
We will work around your schedules and find ways to get you involved!
Yonkers Thrives is a community based partnership of the public and private sector. Our goal is to unite and mobilize the Yonkers community to make sure there is support for every child to thrive-from cradle to career. It is based on a proven model (StriveTogether) used in over 100 communities in the US.
Our Kindergarten Readiness Action Network has an ambitious goal - By 2020 - 80% of children in Yonkers should be Kindergarten Ready. Right now only 62% of children entering kindergarten are ready to learn. And, in some areas that figure is 30%. Click here to learn more.
To join the kindergarten network (or one of our other groups), click here.
For more information, contact our Partnership Director,
Margie Schustack at firstname.lastname@example.org